Registration is now open for the January/February 2013 CCDE Practice exam offering. This offering consists of four scenarios based on the CCDE 2.0 Technology Topics and CCDE 2.0 Blueprint. The practice exams have been updated to reflect the CCDE Version 2.0 changes as described by Cisco. In addition to an overview of the CCDE exam, the overview presentation will also include:
- Differential analysis of the CCDE version 1.0 and 2.0 blueprints
- Overview of the CCDE Practical exam format changes between 1.0 and 2.0
- Listing of all new technical content on the CCDE Practical exam, as listed in the Written 2.0 blueprint
The review sessions are scheduled for Saturday, January 26th at 9am ET and Saturday, February 2nd at 9am ET. This should give participants enough time to incorporate their practice exam results into their study plans for the actual Cisco exam on Tuesday, February 19th.
We will cover a broad array of technical content from the CCDE 2.0 Blueprint. Topics will include:
- IP Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IS-IS)
- Tunneling (MPLS, GRE, DMVPN)
- Security (uRPF, Filtering, Encryption)
- Quality of Service (Congestion Management, Congestion Avoidance, Packet Marking)
- Network Management (Netflow, SNMP, IPFIX, OOB Management)
The exams cover an array of network designs, balanced between Service Provider and Enterprise topics. To be clear, I do not cover all the technical content that candidates will face on the CCDE Practical exam. That would be impossible to do in four practice scenarios. The primary goals of this offering are:
- Provide an experience-based overview of the CCDE Practical exam
- Familiarize candidates with the depth and breadth of individual CCDE Practical scenarios
- Share my methods for determining the correct answer for each type of question on the exam
I am confident that my practice exam offering meets these goals. I encourage candidates to use the link below to register for this offering. As always, previous participants are encouraged to attend these sessions at no cost. Just drop me an email and I will send you the Webex link.
If you have any questions about the offering or the CCDE program, please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org.